Solved: DVD Recording Format???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

itssandy007

I'm looking to purchase a DVD Recorder.
The general use is to burn television shows to be watched on a stand alone DVD player.

I also plan on converting them to a suitable format to be played on my Play Station Portable.

Does anyone know how I can find out what the burned format from the DVD from the DVD recorder will be?

Thanks and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

etaf

Wayne
what format will the stand alone DVD player take
DVD-R or DVD+R or both

some make and models of the device may help

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Since most currently available DVD burners will handle both DVD+R and DVD-R, that would seem to be the route to go. I generally find that DVD-R seems a bit more compatible with older DVD players. If you get the dual-format DVD burner, try several different media brands and types, because sometimes specific hardware will have a problem with one brand, but not a different one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online