1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DVD ROM reading slow??

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by **__**, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. **__**

**__** Thread Starter

I have a Centrios DVW1616 DVD ROM and when I try to view DVD movies using the DVD ROM on my PC, then the movie rapidly skips every few seconds. I try to play many disks but the same or similar thing happens. The movie doesn't run smoothly or it sometimes runs slow. How can I fix this?

Windows XP Pro SP2.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you trying to play these movies on an old computer with only 192MB of RAM?

4. **__**

**__** Thread Starter

So I went to System Properties >Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers> Secondary IDE Channel and under "advanced Settings" under "Device 0", I selected DMA if available for the transfer mode. Under "device 1" the transfer mode is DMA is available and for the Current Transfer mode, it is Ultra DMA Mode 1. I checked the Primary IDE channel settings and it is set on DMA if available. Then, I restarted my computer and I checked on the Secondary IDE channel in Device manager and under Device 0, it sais that the Current Transfer Mode is PIO Mode. Why didn't the Current Transfer mode change from PIO Mode to DMA???

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you use the fix I posted?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!