1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DVD-RW Drive (E:) Used Space/Free Space 0 ?????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gramma X six, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gramma X six

Gramma X six Thread Starter

Hi all
    Here is what happened.
    I had to uninstall HP Photosmart C4100 series only because I was missing some wording on the buttons that just disappeared for some reason, so I went on thier help and support and it showed the exact same problem and what to do about it, It said to uninstall the program and then just reinstall it.
    Well now, when I go to reinstall, it will not automatically start so I clicked on my computer and dvd-rw Drive (E:) and there are no files, in fact it states that my my file system is CDFS and the CDA Default - Full ___ It says all space used 672 MB and Free Space 0 Bytes

What the heck happened, I am no computer wizard so can you please help me to correct this, I can't download the Photosmart program back onto my computer ????

HELP
    GRAMMA

2. gurutech

gurutech

CD might be dirty...

3. Gramma X six

Gramma X six Thread Starter

The Cd is not dirty, in fact it is only about 2 weeks old so its very new and I checked it, it is very clean

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First step, try unintalling all the optical drives (CD and DVD) in Device Manager and rebooting. See if it gets it's mind right.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/506286