Solved: DVD RW drive not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cvb

Was working fine came back from vacation,,tried to look at at some photos i had put on a cd,and it keeps telling me to insert disk into drive.If i put in commercial disk it will play on windows media.But if i try to open it from my computer drive d: same message.I had downloaded a free burner that i got from this site,research showed this could cause this problem,so i uninstalled it.Any one have an answer?Thanks Ps task manger says device is working properly.

cvb

Thanks evidently the burner program i downloaded corrupted the drive,I uninstalled and pc reinstalled drive.Now only one disk does'nt read which could be disk.Thanks for reading.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.