1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dvd-rw playing error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by totally-vexed, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. totally-vexed

totally-vexed Thread Starter

Hi.
    I have sat here for about 4hours tonight trying to install my new Lexmark 4600 printer i put the disc into drive and thats were my problem started would not autorun tried using regedit everything is set correct there downloaded program for fixing autorun error from Microsoft, no success tried disc in laptop works ok, have spent last last hour scouring Internet for remedies with no success

2. vicks

vicks

Did you try right clicking on the drive icon and select open for it to start up?
    vicks

3. totally-vexed

The very first thing i tried but thanks anyway

4. totally-vexed

i say solved but not really just took some advice from a mate who said just download installation from printer manufacturer it worked a treat my friend says might as well buy a new dvd/rw drive as there cheap. so thanks anyway:D(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice