Solved: DVD+RW trying to burn backup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

P_SINCERE

I'm trying to make a backup DVD of some of my files off my computer such as pics, and music and files.

I have a Lite-On DVD+RW and I'm using imation DVD+RW 4X disc, the software i'm using is Sonic Record Now!.

I start Record Now insert the DVD+RW disc then select all the files that I want to copy onto the disc then click burn the count down begins and it takes about an hour i guess but once it get to 0:00 it does not do anything it does not freeze but it also does not finalize and does not say burn complete. I have let it sit for hours hoping it will finalize but it doe not and I have to hit go to Task Manager and end the program. Then when i look on the DVD+RW nothing is on it.

I have used regular DVD+R and they burn fine, but something is going wrong with the DVD+RW. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or could help me out.

Also if anyone knows of a freeware software program for burning DVD+RW I can download please let me know and I will try that out.

Thanks! (y)

P_SINCERE said:
I'm trying to make a backup DVD of some of my files off my computer such as pics, and music and files.

I have a Lite-On DVD+RW and I'm using imation DVD+RW 4X disc, the software i'm using is Sonic Record Now!.

I start Record Now insert the DVD+RW disc then select all the files that I want to copy onto the disc then click burn the count down begins and it takes about an hour i guess but once it get to 0:00 it does not do anything it does not freeze but it also does not finalize and does not say burn complete. I have let it sit for hours hoping it will finalize but it doe not and I have to hit go to Task Manager and end the program. Then when i look on the DVD+RW nothing is on it.

I have used regular DVD+R and they burn fine, but something is going wrong with the DVD+RW. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or could help me out.

Also if anyone knows of a freeware software program for burning DVD+RW I can download please let me know and I will try that out.

Thanks! (y)
Have you tried a different DVD+RW Disc--the one you are using might be corrupt.

P_SINCERE

Mulder said:
Have you tried a different DVD+RW Disc--the one you are using might be corrupt.
Yeah I bought a five pack of the DVD+RW 4x Imation and I have tryed three different ones and the same thing happens.

P_SINCERE

CDburner XP Pro 3 Work Great i used the same disc and it only took 15 min. to backup a whole DVD worth of files. So thanks Moby for recommending it and if anyone is having the same trouble or wants a freeware burner program try that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online