1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DVDs no longer burning

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Cdawilliams, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cdawilliams

Cdawilliams Thread Starter

Hello,

Fairly new to this so probably best if I post my system spec to get the ball rolling.

Currently using an Acer Aspire 5720 laptop, running Windows Vista (32-bit);
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 4 MB L2 cache);
    2GB DDR2;
    DVD-Super Multi DL;

Left a few bits out, but those pieces of information appear to be the most relevant.

The issue I am having is in burning movies to DVDs - I used to do it all the time, had no issues in the past. Simply stick a DVD in the drive, open up 'Windows DVD Maker' (figured it was a good idea to say which piece of software I was using) and hit 'Burn'.

As I said, previously I've had no issues with this. Always worked fine and played perfectly on both stand alone DVD players, laptops and an xbox 360. However just recently I can't seem to get them to burn. Movie files I've previously been successful with will no longer burn either so that ruled out the possiblity that just my recent movies we not burning. The error message being display when trying to 'add' to be burnt is as followed:

"0 files were successfully added.
    1 file could not be added.
    The file [Directory\FileName.avi] is not valid or is corrupted."

The majority of files are in .avi format, I also downloaded a converter to convert them to mpeg and mpeg2, when converted they did not give off the error message when added but would remain on 0% after clicking burn.

That's pretty much the issue, not installed/removed any programs recently, to knowledge, that would change anything. Have also tried to include as much detail as possible in hope that someone may have an answer/solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Chris.

2. noodles71

noodles71

3. Cdawilliams

When playing films on the laptop I run them through VLC player, as I always have done but never had this issue before, will try reinstalling and seeing if that helps and get back to you.

Thanks for the help, wish me luck.

4. Cdawilliams

Reinstalled vista codecs, everything appears to be working fine now. Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

5. noodles71

noodles71

your welcome.please mark the thread closed

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice