1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dxwebsetup Install error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Connaboy, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Connaboy

Connaboy Thread Starter

Hiya,

I hope this is the correct place to post my question.

I'm trying to install NFS Carbon, but the PC complains about DirectX not being up to date. I try to install the newest version of DirectX of the Microsoft website. During installation I get an error message : "An Internal system error occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows Folder."

I am using Windows XP Proffesional Service Pack 2

Please find the log files attached..

Thank you in advance :)

Conna

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

3. Connaboy

Connaboy Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

I just downloaded the package from your link. I extracted it to a directory on my hard drive and ran the dxsetup.exe file. This time around the installation was instant. It didn't look like anything was done.

Please find attached a dxdiag log file. Could you perhaps assist me in confirming that DirectX is installed properly, because the dxdiag dialog window does not seem to find a DirectX version? If not installed correctly, how do I remove every trace from my system before I can try to re-install ?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Its definitely not installed right.

You can try running SFC /SCANNOW from the Start->Run prompt and see if that helps.

If not there are a few DX uninstallers available on the net. HEre's one: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2935.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/528806