1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dynamic charting in Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by StoryAngel, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Thread Starter

I'm fighting with dynamic charting in Excel 2007. I just about found my way in 2003 but having to learn it again now, hehe :rolleyes: I've created my ranges (which I can see just fine in the Name Manager) and if I go to my chart and put the name of the range in the Chart Data Range, then it works just fine. However, if I close the Select Data Source window and then reopen it, the dynamic range I put in has been replaced with absolute values. How can I make it "stick" so that my chart data will remain dynamic? Am I missing something really obvious here?

2. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Thread Starter

Think I've been able to answer my own question through further digging in the past 24 hours. Just in case somebody else has this issue:
    Inputting the named ranges in just the Chart Data Range field under Select Data Source isn't sufficient; you have to click on the series and put the named ranges in there individually. The range in Chart Data Range will show absolute values, but will nonetheless update according to the dynamic ranges.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice