1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: earbud volume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timmfa, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timmfa

timmfa Thread Starter

I am using an acer aspire laptop with windows 7. I have adjusted the volume controls to max. but I can still barely hear it. It is even worse with earbuds.Is there anyway to increase the volume short of changing out the sound card? Maybe something to increase the earbud volume? Thanks Timm F.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Not that I'm aware. Volume is a byproduct of the audio chipset/output circuit. Ensure all of the volume controls are up, aside from that, I'd suspect an audio chipset issue.

3. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

On a few occasions, I have found a Driver Update can get increased volume. I have an eeePC which that did not work for, but found numerous inexpensive USB Sound adapters that range from little more than a dongle, to the size of a small box that work quite well. A Google Search will find many.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060616