1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) easy cd creator

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sweetcheekies, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

Okay this post is for my father in law.. He has a HP computer .. He is using win98Se Now he cant seem to get through a whole recording of a CD. It gets about half way there and then it gives a error..
    Any ideas? He wants to keep easy cd creator .. it worked fine for him before . he recently moved his computer from florida to here..

would his start up menu cause alot of trouble ? this is what he has in it
    Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe"
    SwTray Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Game Controllers\SWTRAY.EXE"
    Kodak Picture Easy 3.1 Batch Transfer Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Kodak\Picture Easy Software\Program\PezDownload.exe"
    CreataCard Gold 2 Forget Me Not Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\CreataCard\Gold\fmrmd32.exe" -s
    run Win.ini hpfsched
    Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
    MSMSGS Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe /background
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    Keyboard Manager Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
    hpsysdrv Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    Adaptec DirectCD Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\DirectCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
    USBMMKBD Registry (Machine Run) usbmmkbd.exe
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    HPScanPatch Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPScanFix.exe
    DXM6Patch_981116 Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
    LVComs Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
    mgavrtclexe Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\MCBin\AV\Rt\mgavrtcl.exe
    HPHA2MON Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpha2mon.exe
    HPDJ Taskbar Utility Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb01.exe
    Hidserv Registry (Machine Service) Hidserv.exe run
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) c:\windows\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
    Encompass_ENCMONTR Registry (Machine Service) C:\Program Files\Easy Internet\ENCMONTR.EXE
    mgavrtclexe Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\MCBin\AV\Rt\mgavrte.exe

now the calendar reminders he would like to keep i am sure :) any ideas any one?

sweet

2. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

I dont know why it worked previously and wont now, but i see way to much running at startup that may interfere with a cd writing session. If he wants all that stuff to be loaded at startup, he should at least shut down via Ctrl+Alt+Del everything except the Systray, Explorer and Easy CD Creator. If a screen saver is active it can also interfere.

3. sweetcheekies

okay we went through all his start up things.. deleted half.. he has to keep the stuff that starts with HP cause that is for his hewlett packard.. i looked them up and they should stay.. we even tried the ctrl+alt+del thing and it still dont work the error he is getting is
    T0100: I/O error (06/C5/00) - Write error - buffer underrun occurred

any ideas ?

sweet

4. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

I found the following info in another post. I dont know if it will help or not. Maybe a clean up of the system itself will help. Start by dumping the temp files, and doing a scandisk/defrag of the hard drive.

"Buffer underruns are the one thorn in the side of CD-writers, so first off,
    your friend should expect loads of these. They occur when the data stream
    to the memory on the CD-writer (the "buffer") is interrupted, and the writer
    effectively runs out of data to burn.

This can happen because of several things:-

1. The HD with the data on has been accessed by Windows which has
    interrupted the data stream.
    2. The HD's performance is slow because the drive is fragmented - try
    running defrag.
    3. The HD's performance is too slow anyway - try upgrading to a faster one,
    or use a slower write speed.
    4. Some other application is using the HD's resource - try shutting
    everything down before writing the CD.

More often than not, just lowering the write speed should stop this. "

5. kitmac

kitmac

Hi Sweet,

I have had similar problems using EZCD Creator.

Here are a few things you could try;

1) I agree with Paul - make sure you shut down every single startup app you safely can, ESPECIALLY Direct CD - it's notorious for causing problems when using EZCD. But ANY program running in the background can cause write errors.

2) If you have an 'always on' internet connection, make sure its off and any hardware/software firewall is also shut down while burning.

3) Have you checked all of the CDRW's cables are secure? The move might have loosened them - the help section of EZCD mentions this as one possible cause of write errors.

4) Are you sure the media you are using is okay? I got a bad batch of 30 CD-Rs, every one of them useless. Try a different batch/brand.

5) Is the CDRW 'BURN-proof'? If it is, EZCD doesn't automatically enable buffer underun protection - you have to manually check the option in the dialogue box prior to starting writing to a disk (but I don't think that option appears if the drive is non-burnproof).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
    Kit

6. sweetcheekies

Okay we think we have the prob figured out.. I couldnt burn it either.. At one point in the writing track .... it says need to rename file such and such to this.. cause its longer than what the computer is set up to except for characters.. eg.. it says its more than 64 characters.. so then when it goes to do the cd.. it cant find that file.. so its then giving us that error.. I have burnt a cd since then and it worked fine.. just not this one CD.. its called Photo Impressions, Photomontage. so i think its just that part.. thanks for the help all..

sweet

7. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

Thanks for letting us know the problem/fix. I you have enough space on your dads hard drive, you could try the following. Copy the contents of the entire source cd to a named folder on the hard drive. Rename the offending file and then try to do the burn. If the file is linked to a path of something in the program however, it may either not work at all or need to be redirected to the correct name.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice