1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Echo in my ATI video playback since vegas install help?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MazdaFE3, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MazdaFE3

MazdaFE3 Thread Starter

I hope I have put this in the correct area,,,,

I have a ATI All-in-wonder 9600XT video card and a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS sound card. When I play my videos back from my camcorder VIA ATI all-in-wonder TV I get a very distinct echo in the audio. This seems to have happened since I installed a trial version of Sony Vegas 6. It did not do it before and I am lost as to how to fix it. I have since removed the trial of Vegas and the problem still persists.

I am hoping that I will not have to reinstall my programs which are associated with my vid and sound cards. Does anyone know how to possibly fix this or mabey lead me on the right track? I have been to ATI knowledge base and searched for the word "echo" and I did not find anything relevant to my hardware/software.

Thank-you for any help as I appreciate it greatly.

2. bearbottoms

bearbottoms

Most echo's I've found come from feedback through your microphone. Try turning it off, and see if the echo goes away....or at least move it well away from your speakers.

3. MazdaFE3

MazdaFE3 Thread Starter

(y) :) Thank-you ever soooo much!! It was what you said!! I appreciate it ALOT. It is always the "simple" things which seem to take me a while to figure out. I just muted the mic and it was perfect. I am sure it would have taken me decades to figure it out as I went through a long list of "other" possabilities. :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice