1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: editing music in Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by troyward, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troyward

troyward Thread Starter

How do I edit a section of music (ex. I need 1:41 through 2:55 of a music selection) in windows media player? I cannot figure out how to do so. Or do I need to save the file somewhere else to accomplish this? I did try AVS Audio Editor but it added a voice logo to my file. I cannot at this time, purchase anything b/c I need it just for this project. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows XP.

Thanks!!!

2. stantley

stantley

You can't edit music with WMP, but you can with Audacity, a good freeware audio editor/recorder. Get version 1.2.6.

3. ccube

ccube

Audacity is what you need for this. Free, and easy to use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/987047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice