1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Editing of Sound Files without having to play whole song

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by perihelio, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perihelio

perihelio Thread Starter

I'm using Powerpoint 2013 on a Windows 7 system. A productivity killer for me is in editing sound files. For example, if I have a presentation with fifty slides and I have a sound file that starts at Slide #15 and runs across slides till it ends at the end of Side #22 which has a duration of, say, ten seconds. If I want to have the slide change at the last beat of the song I need the timing exact. To make an adjustment, if I play Slide #22 I don't get sound; I need to start the show at Slide #15 then run through all eight slides during the song to get another shot at an adjustment. I really hope I'm missing something here and would love to have the option of just playing Slide #22 for ten seconds and have only the LAST approx. ten seconds of the song play so I can see the results of my previous adjustment...:confused:

2. CodeLexicon

CodeLexicon

I don't think there is that option.

If you know the song length and the timing of the slides, surely you have all the information you need to get the sequence working?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice