1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Editing the options when you right click a folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nappymonster, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nappymonster

nappymonster Thread Starter

Hi all,

This is my first post, and I wasn't sure which forum this belongs in so I put it here.

I followed this guide, to add options when you right click, but instead of editing folder, I actually edited file folder.

It said at the bottom you need to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Create_File_Listing in the registry to remove it, but i couldn't find file folder.

I want it back again so when i double click a folder, it opens the folder. I didn't know what the windows explorer .exe name was or where it was stored, so for the time being i have to right click>>Open :(

Thanks in advanced,

Nappymonster

2. Dan O

Dan O

Welcome to TSG.

The Folder Options can change the appearance of your desktop and folder content, and to specify how folders open.

Open My Computer and select: Tools and Folder Options. The select Restore Defaults.

3. nappymonster

Doesn't seem to do anything :(

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

5. natcom

natcom

just do a system restore to a day prior to the problem then you can try again

6. nappymonster

System restore isn't really an option - I add, change and remove etc so many files on a daily basis that for the sake of right clicking it's less hassle.

The Reg thing didn't do anything.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

8. nappymonster

That's EXACTLY what's wrong - it opens a search when i double click. Thanks alot!

Solved. :D

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

You're welcome.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice