1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Email Problems!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by watchucalm, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. watchucalm

watchucalm Thread Starter

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server: 'mail.sasktel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

HELP!!! PLZZZ :mad: :confused: (n) :eek:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

Can you give some basic details to allow more help to be given?

Has it ever worked, did this suddenly start or ....
    This can be caused by settings in your email program, a modem fault or due to your antivirus software (very common).

Some idea of what Windows version, email program, connection method, antivirus program used, history of problem etc would be a good start.

3. watchucalm

ty 4 the reply ... I am using Outlook it will not send or receive mail my i think well it is loaded and when ever i try to contact someone through the "click to contact" and outlook pops up it fill in what i want to say and hit send and it gives me the posted message

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server: 'mail.sasktel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

so here i sit ....

windows xp home i run a norton internet security, w/ antivirus, yes it worked for one day but when i restarted it the next it is out.

Also i was wondering if there is a way of ever getting back registered with windows again ...... what happened there was that i ended up with something that crashed the system.... had a I.T. guy look into it but after it was rebooted u cld do nothing in the way of opening things he managed to get into the files and switched me from my C drive to the D drive he then got rid of the original windows xp that came with the computer and loaded in a pirated xp and now i can't get updates and so on .... i have a CMPAC PPRESARIO 2.6 GH INTEL CELORON

AND ONCE MORE TY FOR U'R REPLY
    watchucalm :D

4. KingCody

KingCody

why is this thread in the hardware forum?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    best thing you can do is request a system restore disc set from HP/Compaq. This will include the correct operating system and should come with a COAso that you will have a legal copy of windows. I would stay away from said I.T. Guy in the future if he is installing pirated software on your computer. He has opened you up for federal charges if you get caught using this copy of windows.

6. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

Whaddya think, KingCody? Should someone be executed for allowing this to happen?

Gosh, dude - if ya' can't help on the issue, try not to worry too much about a mis-categorization...

7. Polly1016

Polly1016

This thread is in the Web & Email forum ... exactly where it's suppose to be! Where are you? :rolleyes:

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Polly this thread was moved to this forum from the Hardware Forum. Oooooops.

9. Polly1016

Polly1016

Ooops! Sorry! :( My apologies, KingCody!

Dusty, wouldn't it say "Moved"? I looked for that before I opened my big mouth but didn't see it.:eek:

*Mary Ann is locking up her keyboard for today*

10. watchucalm

sorry problem solved and how do it get it out???? lol watchucalm

11. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

watchucalm the thread has been moved to the correct forum.
    Everything is as it should be. :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice