1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Email received are delayed by couple hours - Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by speederpro4, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speederpro4

speederpro4 Thread Starter

Hello All,

We have a Qmail server. I checked the queue using "./qmail-qread" to see if there is any legit email hanging on the queue which might have caused the delayed in the delivery of our email. I found no legit email (legit email as in email that we wanted).

So I come to the conclusion that those delayed email has not even reached our email server and therefore the problem is not in my email server. Is this conclusion right?

I still need to find out how to fix this issue. Our company is losing revenue because clients email didn't arrive on time. We have no problem sending out email, just receiving them. Can any one give me pointers?

Additional notes: Internal email works properly. Some random emails and junk mail seems to work as well. This means its not all email that gets delayed. However, it is more than 50% of our email is delayed.

2. speederpro4

speederpro4 Thread Starter

Hmm... it looks like it has something to do with my dns. I did a "host -t mx domain.com" and it returns me incorrect result. So I went it and fix that DNS problem and it seem like email is back to normal. I'm however curious as this happen very recently and I have not touch the DNS server for like many months. Going through the log file doesn't seem to have any illegal login attempts. Anyway, marking as solved. Hope this help those that having the same problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice