Solved: Email "screensavers" PLEASE HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

m2dai2dak2da

My friend sent me about 4 emails saying they were screensaver... their tiles were things like love, happiness, friendship... and seeing that i would trust this friend not to sent me any crap... like a virus... i opened them. Nothing happened when i opened them...except they were sent to all of my friends through email... and have continued to send out to friends...
I recieve 20, if not more, messages a day saying your email could not be sent...
considering i dont send that many email and the screensavers cant be sent so are coming back to me.. i know my comp is still sending them..
also.. if i push ctrl+alt+del... teh task manager opens for a second... then is closed as if IT was end tasked..

PLEASE HELP!

First, give us a post of your startups using the startuplist application available below. Just download, unzip and run it. Then copy/paste the results to a reply.

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Then click on the Security Help Tools link at the top of this forum and do an Online scan at HouseCall or Panda and let us know the results.

There are different forms of yaha and we need to know the exact version if that's what you have

Also, since you have XP, you may need this to repair registry associations once the worm has been cleaned:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_exe_fix.zip

Download it and be prepared to unzip and run it if you have problems running exe files.

That is a virus.
Your friend didnt mean to send you viruses, they got the virus, it was sent to everyone in ther address book, everyone in their address bok sent it out, etc. This is how viruses spread so fast.
You should scan ALL email attachments before opening them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online