Solved: email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ottage

last weekend i deleted everything on my pc and then reinstalled everything..so im basically starting from scratch again...i have outlook express..i had to enter the info in to get my email working..it did work fine the first few days...now when i click on it..it opens up the internet properties window for some odd reason...any help??:mad:

MMJ

go to start> run> type in "cmd"> type in "ipconfig /all" right click> select all> hit enter to copy, paste here.

ottage

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\DolfinFreaK>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : VALUED-B8142DE8
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : lkwnny.adelphia.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lkwnny.adelphia.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-6E-0C-97-CB
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 67.20.224.20
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 67.20.224.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.50.127.4
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.168.64.19
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:10:01
AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:10:01
PM

C:\Documents and Settings\DolfinFreaK>

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I doubt this has anything to do with connectivity, since I suspect stuff like IE is working, so the IPCONFIG isn't of much use here.

What was installed/upgraded right before this behavior? Tell us exactly what you're doing when this occurs? What other symptoms do you have, like other issues with Internet access?

ottage

o ok thanks...yes the internet is fine..its just weird..cuz the email was working fine..now it's not

MMJ

What does it show after it opens internet properties? if you close it does it work? If not, what is the error it gives?

ottage

no error message..it just opens the internet properties window..no it doesnt work after i close it...its just as if i was using IE and opened the internet properties window...it makes no sense

ottage

omg..i figured it out!!!...under the internet properties i went to the programs tab and under email i clicked on outlook express!!..yay!!!!

ottage

one more quick question...on my brother's desktop..he must have deleted outlook express on his start menu..i can't figure out how to get it back..any help?

MMJ

Glad you got it working and glad we could help. :)

You can create another shortcut by going to C:\Program Files\Outlook Express then creating a shortcut of msimn.exe and placing it wherever you like. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts