1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: emails do not send from my computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by absolutegdl, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. absolutegdl

absolutegdl Thread Starter

I have started having trouble recently sending emails from my computer and windows 7. I can send them directly from my server using the same smtp, username and password, just not from my computer. This is a recent problem and everything worked fine in the past. I have tried to uninstall AVG free and that didn't help. It seems like port 25 is being blocked by Windows 7 or some other program on my computer. The hotmail connector works fine, but no POP email accounts work. I can receive emails just fine from all of the accounts.

My last resort is to uninstall Windows 7 and start over and see when it happens. Any other ideas?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You might mention what email client your are using. :)

3. absolutegdl

I have tried Outlook, Opera Browser, programming directly with asp.net...it all fails now on my computer with Windows 7 installed, but I can transfer the program to my webserver and send emails with the same smtp without problems. I really seems like it is something that I have installed or Windows 7. Maybe its time to go back to Vista.

4. Jessica-chen

Jessica-chen

maybe you can try to restore your computer to the time you can emailed.
    Joyhong Software

5. allheart55

allheart55

One of the most common reasons for not being able to send messages is that your Internet service provider has begun to block port 25. It is typically
    because of unsolicited email usage of port 25. Using an alternative smtp port is often the answer. I would call my ISP and ask if this is the case...

6. absolutegdl

Problem solved thanks guys. Since it was my server I kept thinking that I was the provider, but in fact I was going through a different provider with the computer in the house. They had blocked the port after all.

7. allheart55

allheart55

You are welcome, happy to help! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!