1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Emergency Message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by plysne, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plysne

plysne Thread Starter

I just converted this computer to XP 2 months ago. While on theinternet, I just received this warning message. MESSENGER SERVICE from FROM to TO. STOP WINDOWS NOW. 55 critical system errors exist. Install Registry update at www.regfixit.com.run program and then reboot. Pushing ok gives anothermessage from Microsoft.com stating registry corrupted. Go to www.regwinpro and repair NOW! Recommend complete system scan from www.regwinpro.com. push OK and get third warning to do registry repair from fixwin32.com.
    While writing this thread I got 3 more messages to go to a site and run program and these messages will stop. Is this for real or has some advertiser gotten me! Should I follow their directions, or how do I stop this nuisance? Am I really in any DANGER?
    Thanks, Paul

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. Andraxion

Andraxion

follow these instructions...

1) Go to your start menu
    2) Go to Run
    3) Type in msconfig
    4) Go to services
    5) Look for Messenger
    6) Uncheck the box
    7) Press apply and then press ok
    8) Finish up what you are doing and restart your computer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice