Solved: en attachments sent via post XP c'ptr.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onetwothreefour

Friends who have a Windows O/S later than my XP O/S send me email attachments but I can't open them.
What changes does the sender of the post XP O/S have to make at their end in order for me to open their Word document attachment on my XP computer?

No assumptions: Do you have Word on your computer? What Version? Are the senders actually using Word? What Version? Are they sending a file with extension .DOCX or .DOC ? If it is .DOCX, see if they can send again after saving the attachment as a .DOC file.

onetwothreefour

No assumptions: Do you have Word on your computer? What Version? Are the senders actually using Word? What Version? Are they sending a file with extension .DOCX or .DOC ? If it is .DOCX, see if they can send again after saving the attachment as a .DOC file.
Hi 20_2_Many, Yes I have Word on my computer. I don't know what version of Word it is.
I believe the sender are using Word and Outlook Express in trying to send me a Word document attachment.
I don't know what version of Word the sender has.
I do not know if they are sending the file with .DOCX or .DOC
I will ask then to save the attachment as a .DOC file prior to sending it to me.
How do they save the attachment as a .DOC file prior to sending it to me?

onetwothreefour

Hi 20_2_Many, Yes I have Word on my computer. I don't know what version of Word it is.
I believe the sender are using Word and Outlook Express in trying to send me a Word document attachment.
I don't know what version of Word the sender has.
I do not know if they are sending the file with .DOCX or .DOC
I will ask then to save the attachment as a .DOC file prior to sending it to me.
How do they save the attachment as a .DOC file prior to sending it to me?
Hi 20_2_Many,
I have gone into My Programs and I think from what I see that I am running Word out of the listed package namely "Microsoft Office 97 Professional Edition".

foxidrive

Banned
You will have to ask your friends to save the file in a compatibility mode for older versions of Word.

They have to use Save As and then pick the suitable file format.

onetwothreefour

You will have to ask your friends to save the file in a compatibility mode for older versions of Word.

They have to use Save As and then pick the suitable file format.
Hi foxidrive,
What is the suitable file format to use when they are using Save As?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online