1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: End of search popup with text files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bozz, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

When doing a search in a text file, for example, I used to get a popup showing something like "reached end of file" or something like that. It has a check box to not display that popup again which I ticked and shouldn't have. I'd like to get that popup back if it's possible.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I guess we would need to know what software you were using to search within the text file.

3. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

I'm using Notepad2 from the menu File>Find Next.

I did a system restore from yesterday and got it back.

Avast 5 didn't like me doing the restore looks like. When the pc came back up, the only thing I had was the desktop. No graphics, no task bar, nothing. The pc was locked up. I powered down went into safe mode and system restore popped up saying successful restore. I rebooted and when the desktop came up the avast icon in the tray had an 'X' on it.

I clicked the avast tray icon, the avast window came up and said the avast service had not started and had a button to click to start the service. Nothing happened. The pc was locked up. Couldn't stop avast in task manager. Powered off and went back into safe mode to try an avast repair in Add/Remove programs. That didn't do any good.

I ended up going back into safe mode and uninstalling avast and then reinstalling avast.

That was scary.

Anyways, things seem to be okay now.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

From the website.

5. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

Well darn. I didn't even think about looking at Flo's site and F&Q's. Thanks Squashman. I'll remember to do that next time if I happen to have another problem with Notepad2. I've been using it for a long time without any issues other than this one which was my fault to begin with.

How to reset the Notepad2 notification messages?

6. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!