Solved: Enterprise class drives?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

draeus

I've got a box of hard drives I am supposed to be testing and some of them are apparently enterprise class and some aren't. I've looked around a little and there is lots of information about what an enterprise drive is, but not how to actually tell the difference between a regular and enterprise drive. So does anyone know, is there some way to tell from the stuff printed on the drive or a program that identifies the class of drive?

Thanks for any help!

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You go by model/series number, the drives look and can connect the same way. For example a Seagate Barracuda is a consumer drive and a Seagate Constellation is an Enterprise drive. However if they are SAS drives then they have a different connector, it looks similar to a SATA data and power connector but its unified into a single connector with no break between them.

jiml8

Also, SCSI drives are all enterprise class, and PATA drives are all consumer grade.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online