1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Epson stylus CX6600 driver problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lateinlife, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lateinlife

lateinlife Thread Starter

This computer is a Dell Dimension and has been operating the above printer for something like 5 years - ok well out of its warranty!

I moved it to another room (this one) and it showed a problem 'Communication Error' so I thought 'uninstall and reload' - as you do! Wrong cuz now I can't load a driver.

I've downloaded the Epson Stylus latest driver called epson11887.exe EasyPrint. But it hasn't worked.

It still says 'no printer attached'
    Anyone solved this one yet?
    Many thanks in advance of any replies.
    Lil

2. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

if it's usb, remember - you have to install the driver BEFORE you can plug the printer into the pc

3. lateinlife

Thanks for the 'up' there daniel_b, and no I didn't know that.
    My wife is getting another Dell so I mentioned this to the very nice Indian gentleman on the teschnical service side of Dell. He provided help by locating an epson TS number.

They put me right in that the driver I'd downloaded was incorrect for the 'all-in-one' CX6600.

The drivers are separate,the scanner must be loaded first with printer off and dis-connected (as you say) epson30712eu.zip

Then the printer driver (epson19451eu.exe) is started and you are told when to connect and switch on the printer. Mine hesitated at this and I really didn't think it'd work but at the last minute it performed.

Many thanks for the pointers, I've been so used to parallel printers that this was quite a different experience.

Isn't it good when it all works though?
    Thanks again.
    Cheers
    Lil

4. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

lil,
    you're very welcome, glad we could help,
    and thank you for returning to post your solution,
    if that solves your problem, you can mark the thread solved, :)
    [button @ top-left in your first post]

5. lateinlife

Thanks daniel_B, this is a first time here using this forum so didn't know about the 'solved' button.
    Cheers
    lil

6. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

lil,
    yeah it is :cool:

not a big deal aboute the button, don't worry about it, whole bunch of the 'regulars' don' bother.... :p :p
    i feel it's just nice to close out a thread, i try to - but - that's just me... :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/824782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice