1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: err2err3 - any hope for repair???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nubbyhead, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nubbyhead

nubbyhead Thread Starter

Sorry to post again, but I am in desperate need. I have an HP Laptop dv6000. After running killdisk, I get the error msg. The machine runs Vista home premium...or at least it did.

Thanks!

2. huggie54

huggie54

more info required,what exactly was you attempting,what errrors,and please do not post multiple threads

3. nubbyhead

nubbyhead Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I have a HP dv6000 laptop that was running Windows Vista, Home Premium. After 3 yrs of service, it must have picked up a number of scripts or viruses and it virtually did not work because it was so slow.
    I ran a free utility called: Kill Disc, which writes zeros over the hard drive to clean it up.
    Next, I attempted to reboot the laptop to the recovery disks I had created when I bought the machine, to no avail.
    I next started the machine in Phoenix Bios and scanned the hard drive. No help.
    I started it in BIOS again and made sure it was booting to the CD first. No help.

I have a working computer (which is how I am able to post on this website). So I next tried to download a free "partition repair" software and create a bootable CD that I could start on the HP Laptop, but the laptop doesn't recognize it. I have also tried to boot it to a Windows Vista 32-bit Repair Disc that I downloaded from this website: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/, but again, the laptop does not recognize it.

Any ideas? Is the computer toast?

Thanks!

4. kenny111111

kenny111111

should have tried the recovery disk before "killdisk", killdisk formatted the drive, and the recovery disk needs the os to reinstall..
    you can't use the recovery disk to do an install (just a reinstall), your only hope is the recovery partition, if killdisk didn't format it also..
    check your manual, should be a key(s) you press while booting up to get to the recovery partition..(f10 or f11 are common) but check your model..
    or contact hp to order the proper disks..

good luck

5. huggie54

huggie54

kenny,you are right and if i recall killdisc erases partitions as well

6. nubbyhead

nubbyhead Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm pretty sure killdisk reformatted everything...partitions as well. I will contact HP and ask if their own recovery disk will be able to fix it. If not, I'll just recycle it.

thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980448