1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Erratic and distorted sound in videos and music

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RoXolid, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RoXolid

RoXolid Thread Starter

Whenever I play a video from my hard drive it goes all choppy and slow with the audio distorted and the pitch wrong. When streaming music it goes crazy when I open a new program. Everything used to work perfectly before and I didn't change any of my computer's hardware. I uninstalled any software I downloaded just prior to when the problem came up and it seemed to get a little better when I killed google desktop. I also scanned my computer for viruses and got squat.

I got the vlc media player and it fixes the choppiness of the video but not the sound. it's not really a solution because the videos still doesn't work w/ real or wmp.

I've tested avi and mpeg
    games run perfectly
    sometimes the audio and video are just out of sync

2. RoXolid

RoXolid Thread Starter

Nevermind, used system restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/870503