1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Erroe code 0x8024001 no updates :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bedhead, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bedhead

bedhead Thread Starter

Hiya i just noticed my daughters computer had'nt done any updates since feb this year. Cause she switched if off automatic updates as it was slowing her system down cause were on dialup. So i set it back to automatic it found and installed 35 critical updates i knew her wondows media player was only media 8 and that there was 10 now available so i went to custom updates and it wont run it says error code 0x8024001 i searched windows fixes and tried sevral of their suggestions eg.. changed the name of the software distrubution folder and added a few new commands using the run box but still no custom updates.Anyone else seen this before ? I did search the fourms but found nothing on this topic any advice for me would be much apprecatied :)

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. JustJudy

JustJudy

4. bedhead

bedhead Thread Starter

I got the media player thank you i downloaded it the same day i realised the updates were not comming in automaticaly this was just an example off my problem. Since changing the name of the distrubution folder i cannont check the history in windows update but i know from memory that since feb there was no automatic updates when i switched it back on on july 9th it found 37 updates which seemed to go in ok its when i tried to custom the updates it went all wrong and it never brought in any more automaticaly either since july 9th i cannot download custom or automaticaly What am i to do the system seems to be running alot slower i downloaded the service pack 2 but this did'nt seem to make any diffrence and took hours to run through any help is very much apprecaited thanks for your time :) The last link for windows support i tried nearly everthing they had on this error code but still no updates :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482816