1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error 10107: A system call that should never fail has failed / Winsock Failur

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DavidPCS, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidPCS

DavidPCS Thread Starter

Error 10107: A system call that should never fail has failed
    Winsock Failure. :mad:

I have ran across this error twice. And it seems to be a bugger. It will disconnect your computer from the Internet by stopping or blocking the DHCP client or causing a failure in the Windows socket function.

Here is a simple and Low Tech resolution: System Restore.(y)

When I 1st ran across this problem it took me the better half of a day to fix it. :confused:
    The 2nd time it took me less than 10 minutes. :rolleyes:

Restoring your system to an earlier date seems to repair the dis function of the Winsock which will automatically start your DHCP client which allows you to connect to the Internet.

I will say both times I ran across this issue were on Windows Vista. I have not seen this issue on Windows XP or Windows 7.

I hope this post helps anyone that has this issue.
    Please note that you should create a system restore point at least once a month, start with the 1st time you turn it on.

Respectfully

- David McClenton PCE :cool:
    - DavidPCS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!