1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error 1075 Can not Acquire Ip

Discussion in 'Networking' started by adrianthomas, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adrianthomas

adrianthomas Thread Starter

DHCP Client will not start from services menu and neither will TCP/IP all other networking services appear to be started and working.

DHCP dependencies are:

AFD Networking Support Environment
    TCP/IP Protocol
    IPSEC driver

TCP/IP dependencies are:
    AFD

Since the TCP/IP's only dependency is AFD I suspect it has been deleted or corrupted. How do I go about fixing that?

Paste SYSINFO.txt

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 SD, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 38099 MB, Free - 8667 MB; E: Total - 29313 MB, Free - 16148 MB; X: Total - 95393 MB, Free - 69980 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0W2563
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I already reset the ip stack with the following to no avail.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

I'd really like to avoid the nuclear option. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you tried to start the dependencies - what happens
    it may be a virus issue - have you run a scan , there was a virus going around a while back that caused this issue

have you tried safemode with networking
    - try safemode with networking
    as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
    safemode with networking - see if that works
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. adrianthomas

Too funny...AFD is not even listed as a service.

I did both Mbam and AVG scans with no viruses found. I even did Mbam in safe mode.

Loggon in Safe Mode with Networking, but AFD still missing.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. adrianthomas

I'm beginning to think I have virus or a corrupted AFD file. I tried starting AFD at command prompt and it said already running yet when I go to system tools it's not listed as a service.

I was able to find afd.sys in the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder with a 2004 mod. date.

I did a registry scan with Registry Booster and it reported 1061 system errors, 250 user errors and one third party error. A cursory review tells me most of them have to do improperly uninstalled programs.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. adrianthomas

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your welcome - you may want to add a link to this thread for reference , I will close this thread now - so we dont have two running , as that will not be helpful - and if the virus gurus do not find any problems , we can reopen this thread - just click on the report button and a moderator will open the thread

I have subscribed to the virus thread so I can see what is going on - NOTE it can take 48 hours to get a reply, if no reply in that time scale - then post a reply with the word bump , that way it will be brought back to the top of the forum

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice