1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: error 16820, Adobe download

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by desireepp, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

Hello,
    any ideas? I cannot use .pdf ´cos it prompts me to update from a "mandatory" update for version 2.0.0 to 2.3 -
    I go through the motions but it comes up with an error message 16820 of being unable to download and so I cannot see any .pdf attachments.
    :(
    Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Rgds,.
    dd

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you trying to open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader? If so, what is the full and complete error message you're getting? Adobe Acrobat Reader is up to version 10, so something else is prompting for whatever update you're referring to.

3. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

thank yo, yes, I updated to version 10 now, via adobe ( not acrobat, if there is a difference). I can now open my attachments. It was prompting me with an update before, that wouldn´t go through.
    I checked with other posts in this site and one´s inxs seemed to do the trick.
    Thanks for your time anyway.
    Rgds
    Dd

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Adobe is a company. They make a product called Acrobat.

You wouldn't receive an "update" prompt for version 2 of something if the problem were with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046456