1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: error adding data to excel cell.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sk0101, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk0101

sk0101 Thread Starter

Hi,

I want to add manually data\formulas to my excel sheet and I get a popup error message:

please see the attached file.

ps: I unprotected the sheet.

Where do I set the flag to allow to add data to my cell. It doesn't allow me to add in some cells. Why is that?.. Some work and some dont..

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. maxflia10

maxflia10

The cell is "protected" with Data Validation. Activate the cell and go to Data/Validation and either delete the Settings or click the Error Alert tab and set the Style to Warnng or Information.

3. sk0101

sk0101 Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice