1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error code I am sure telling me hardware problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ozziebeanie, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi All

Just posting a new post as I thought I might have the same problem as someone else but turns out my error code is different and can not find out what this error code is trying to tell me, through searches of the net, of if something does come up they say I have to pay to find out what to do and they don’t even give info on what the error code means.

Anyway I was given a notebook to look at, (HP) Pavilion Entertainment PC Model DV9700 on warranty tag it has DV9724TX

This notebook was not working when handed to me and it had already been given to a computer place to fix, they where unable to.

It was returned with one drive missing, which owners did not know till I opened it up.

I have since taken out the remaining hard drive and connected it to a desk top and loaded on XP Pro with service packs all updates and drivers for the NOTEBOOK only, I did not load the drivers for the pc I was using to get this drive ready.

I put this drive back into the notebook and it starts to boot, and the logo starts to load then a blue screen came up with white writing with an error code.

Then it disappears before I can get the error code and it starts to reboot, it will keep doing this.

Anyway I got a tip on how to stop the rebooting so the blue screen stay’s long enough for me to read the code, I changed a setting by putting the drive back on to the desk top I used to load everything in the first place, then put it back in the notebook to get the blue screen again.

The error code is –
    0x0000007B (0xBACC7524. 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I am sure its pointing to a faulty part, but not sure if bios, something on the motherboard or the processor.

I just want to know what to replace to get this notebook going so at least they have a backup if something goes wrong with the new one they brought, and also if it’s worth it in the first place.

All info greatly appreciated, :D sorry if it’s a bit long winded :rolleyes: but wanted to make sure I put in everything I had done.

OS is a legal copy etc so I know that is not the problem.

Cheers

Beanie

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It is Blue Screening because you can not install XP on one computer then move the drive to another (Unless it is Identical) and try to boot it. It is looking for the Chipset from the computer that was used to install XP. You need to install XP on the computer that it is itended to used on so it can find the hardware it was installed on.

3. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi Dustyjay

Do you really think it’s that? I have used a tower to load hard drives and put the drives on others the same and different (desktops, notebooks and other towers) and never had a problem before and I have done this hundreds of times, with Windows Operating Systems that is, not others.

What makes you think it’s this? Have you had experiences of this to make you think this? I just find it hard to think it is that, when I have never had a problem with that before

I have done this in the work situation when I have got calls from out of town where I knew from what I was told that a reformat would need to happen, looked up the model to get drives from the folder I have for all the stored drivers on the server,

If the next visit out there we had too much stock going out, we cut down what we where taking out by just sending out a configured hard drive, loaded and configured back at the main office to the model computer that it was for. Part of the main equipment we had permanently in the car was a desktop at the ready to go but preferred not to use that unless it was urgent.

I am just saying where I have done that before and I have worked in some really remote places. So you can see why I am thinking its not software.

I installed the chip set driver, vid, sound, and internet drivers for the notebook. I did not install any drivers for the tower although windows do have some drivers on the OS that will install, those drivers that are not used just sit there.

The above reasons are why I have put this post in the hardware section.

Only other thing I can add is that before I put the OS on the notebook hard drive, it did not boot, from the notebook but you could get into startup.

Now it does start to boot but only till the first XP Pro logo then the writing on the blue screen comes up.

I did try to load the OS from the DVD burner in the notebook by booting to it, to load it but it only got as far as the screen that asks what you want to do and went ahead with loading the OS on it and it said their was no drive, yet now it is a recognising the drive otherwise it would not start to boot in XP as I know the previous OS was not XP, so I know its reading the drive.

I have had some say that the drivers don’t match hardware or words to that effect but I have continued to install, and of all the times I have installed a OS without putting drivers in unless something was faulty all of them booted to a desk top.

When I have changed hardware, I have never had a problem of drivers causing problems if the hardware they where for was not installed on the computer anymore.

Hope this extra info helps with any ideas

Thanks

Beanie

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    WHat you just described is actually the way to move a windows XP installation from one computer to another, you did not explain that is what you did in our first post. So you are right it is not going to look for the chipset when booting. You have checked the ram I assume?

BTW I am not a big fan of HP/Compaq computers for some time now. Too many problems with them for me.

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    The last time I had a 0x07B error on a laptop (November last year) it was a failed harddrive. The error itself is an 'Inaccessible Boot Device' error and may be a hardware failure or it could be a problem with the hard drive controller.

I suspect your problem may be damaged, outdated or corrupt harddrive controller.

Have a look here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/stop0x0000007b.htm

6. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena

Yay someone agrees with me,:D I am not a great fan of HP either, I do like HP keyboards though that come with the desktops, not a great fan of Dell either, but HP is what my brother brought (eye roll) :rolleyes:.

Yes, I had ram from another notebook the same (he gave me two notebooks to play around with, one is totally dead both the same models) but the ram was good on it, both the ram is working.

Thinking maybe that it may have been hard drive on other one and I am thinking of swapping over the mother boards but its a huge job in a notebook, I have not done that before, only loaded a OS or replaced ram or hard drive etc, not really taken it apart, not fully anyway.

I am thinking maybe if I do that, I wont get it all back together again, hahaha:p

Love your signature Dustyjay, thanks for answering, Thanks Tanis I will have a look at that. I am flying back home tomorrow, then going to see if I can get my dad back home if roads are open, so will look all this up in the next couple of days, much appreciate all the advice

Thanks

Beanie:)

7. valis

valis Moderator

Dusty is very, very probably correct in this. When you install XP, it 'weds' itself to that particular chipset, sometimes quite strongly........I've seen cases where even like and like didn't work in a swap; something at a very low level was not the same, and XP just kicked it out.

I'd say if you can't boot into safe mode and install the drivers, that is the case here.

8. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Ok my dad has solved the problem, he worked on the list I made of what came up on the blue screen with white writing, which listed the error number and a few suggestions as to what it could be, some of the answers here where part of what was suggested.

My dad found it was, apparently some newer notebooks do not recognise the boot loader from XP and he put a HP Disc with Windows 7 (which I got from else where) to load and it worked, and its working fine, my dad will play with it for a few days to make sure, but so far so good.

The notebooks came back with only one drive between them, when two where installed in each notebook, so the people that my brother took them to to fix it, should have used a backup that should have been on one of the drives that was taken (ram was taken also) my brother never looked to see if all was there when he got them back, it was not till I looked at them that I discovered this.

My brother is a Federal Police Officer, and no doubt these people will hear from him some time soon.

Thanks for your suggestions, which without my dad and myself would have taken a lot longer to work out.

Cheers

Beanie

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice