1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error in conversion from Access 2003 to 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JTaylor820, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JTaylor820

JTaylor820 Thread Starter

Hello,

Several years ago I created a database in Access 2003. I recently converted it to 2007. However, since then it seems I no longer have access to design view, so I can't make any changes. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. draceplace

draceplace

Welcome to TSG JTaylor. Lots of Access help around here.

First try Going to the File tab, Save and Publish and try to save it as a .accdb. If that doesn't work open an empty accdb and import every thing in. If there is security, custom tool bars or other elaboration you may have to rebuild some of that.

I had 2007 for a while but quickly changed to 2010. The big difference (to me) was the way 2010 handled macros. Also 2010 seems to open and work on most mdbs.

3. draceplace

draceplace

I see I mis-read your post.
    Have you done this:
    Open Access 2010 without opening a specific database. Just open it from the Start menu.
    Once Access is open go to the File Tab and Select Options from the menu on the left:
    Select the 'Trust Center'
    At trust Center Locations check allow trusted location on my network
    A window will pop up and put the db path in there
    Next go to Macro settings and 'Enable all macros'

There may be other 'Options' to mess with depending on the install/environment

4. OBP

OBP

How are you trying to get to design View?
    Have you tried right clicking the object and selecting design view?

5. JTaylor820

JTaylor820 Thread Starter

Thanks to you both for your help. I was able to right click and choose 'Design View'. Not sure why the Design View icon is grayed out, but as long as it works, oh well. Thanks, again! I will mark solved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice