1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error installing CD BurnerXP - help! Other free CD burning software?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by baileycorra, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baileycorra

baileycorra Thread Starter

Hi all,

I was trying to install CD BurnerXP on my newly reformatted computer, but got an error. I downloaded the program "cdbxp_setup_3.0.116(1).zip", and unzipped using WinZip. Then when I double-click to run it, InstallShield Wizard begins to install, but an error msg pops up:

InstallShield
    1155: File
    C:\UNZIPPED\CDBXP_SETUP_3.0.116\INSTMS not found

Does anyone have any idea what this means or how to fix it? It's annoying, because I had CD BurnerXP on my computer before I reformatted and did a clean install (which I thought would be the hard part!), but it seems I'm running into more problems installing the downloaded software I had previously!

Can anyone recommend any other free CD burning software downloads? I would appreciate any help! Thanks so much,:)

Kirsty

2. rylan90

rylan90

I've had problems with my cd burners 2. You have windows media player right? well in the up to date version it has a burning tool and it works great for me.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It would help if you provided a link to exactly where you downloaded that file from. I did a search on the file name, and a bunch of them came up. I'd try several links and compare the ZIP files, you may have gotten a corrupted or tampered copy.

4. baileycorra

Thanks for your replies!

rylan90 - yes, I just got Windows Media Player 9 Series (I have Win98SE). Is this the Roxio CD burning - if so, I'll try it.

JohnWill - the main page for the download is here:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

Hey - Look what I just noticed when I click the link to download, on the next page!!

"Known Issues/Problems with latest version, (most) fixed for next one
    If you have problems with Installer (i.e. INSTMISA.EXE not found) update your Windows Installer (download at bottom of the page) "

I guess I never went back and read this page after my problems. I think this should fix it!:p Thanks again for your replies!

5. baileycorra

Yep, updating Windows Installer worked! :D Thanks again guys, for your suggestions.:)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

We'll consider this one solved. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice