Solved: Error message about eDSloader

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pixiedust09

Every time i turn on my computer, an error message pops up saying that eDSloader had to close unexpectedly. I don't know why or how it happened, but it's been happening for the past week and because of that my AIM isn't working either. Could you please tell me what's wrong? Thanx.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
That error is related to eDataSecurity Loader from Acer Empowering Technology.
Go to Start>RUN
Type in msconfig
Click OK
Go to the Startup tab
Find an entry for eDSloader.exe, usually located in C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity
Uncheck that item
Click Apply, OK
Reboot
See if it still comes up

pixiedust09

i did what you told me to do, but after i restarted my computer, a message popped up saying that i should change it back to normal startup. what should i do? But the eDSloader error message doesn't pop up anymore. :)

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
pixiedust09 said:
i did what you told me to do, but after i restarted my computer, a message popped up saying that i should change it back to normal startup. what should i do? But the eDSloader error message doesn't pop up anymore. :)
It will show you are in Selective Startup now. That's normal to happen.
Just click on the box to not be reminded anymore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online