Solved: Error message in osCommerce

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skibum35

Hi all.

I have just loaded the latest version of osCommerce onto my server. It is loaded correctly and the database correctly installed, but I keep getting these error messages on the top of the admin page.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(temp\sess_143ca57cec81e54f165a117e22afba58, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in localhost\www\main\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at localhost\www\main\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:68) in localhost\www\main\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at localhost\www\main\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:68) in localhoost\www\main\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 68

The problem is that I don't have a temp folder in the root directory.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

First error easy; create a folder named temp in your directory.

Second error can be caused by many things. First I would do the first problem, and then test again. If the prolem still occurs I would open fuction\sessions.php and remove any blank lines after the very last ?>. This is usually the cause of the problem. Also remove any blank lines (or space as well) before the very first <?.

Enjoy!
Matt

Hi Skibum.

2 things can be done to make sure this works.

The easiest way to fix this problem is to alter your configure.php files (in "includes" and "admin/includes"). On the last line you will see

Code:
define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' '); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
Change this to

Code:
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'.
The other possibility is that the file, if there is named "tmp" and not "temp".

You can change the path in the sessions .php file.

It depends upon where you have asked osCommerce to save your sessions.

Hope that helps.

Deep

skibum35

Thanks guys.

I altered the config files and that fixed all problems.

And yes, there was a tmp file there. Too much c**p in my root directory and not looking properly.

Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online