[SOLVED] error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maxie0515

Whenever I turn my computer on I keep getting an error message that motman cannot be reached. I have no idea what motman is. How do I find out what this is and how can I get rid of it if I don't know. I looked under add/remove programs but don't see it there.:(

It's most likely a program on your startup list.

To turn it off do this: (Win 98/Me/XP)
1. Go to Start > Run
2. type in: msconfig
3. Click on the Startup tab farthest to the right on top.
4. scroll down the list that appears til you find the motman reference and uncheck the box in front of it.
5. click OK at the bottom.
6. restart the PC.

If it's not on the startup list, then it may be associated with something that is on the list. Copy the list and post back here if this is the case. I'm sure someone will be able to figure it out with the right info. :)

good luck.

maxie0515

What you told me to do worked. It did get rid of the error message. Everything (so far at least) is working like it is supposed to. Thanks once more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online