1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: error messages ox800cccof, ox800ccci9

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skeeter5000, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skeeter5000

skeeter5000 Thread Starter

First post in a while, and I would like to thank Tech Support Guy forums for sending me a birthday greeting, on by BD.

Having a problem with sending email. Using Outlook Express. Getting errors; ox800cccof, ox800ccci9, (or ox800ccc19), and ox800420c8.

System is XP pro.

I am using this message board, as I can not get the search site to work for me. Also this site is working very slow on my computer. I am on satellite internet. Not the fastest but better than dial up.

Just a comment, I love this forum.

Thanks for any help,

Skeeter

2. Sponsor

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi Skeeter,
    Could you post the complete error messages?
    Also, are you getting a time-out on either sending or recieving?

T. :)

4. skeeter5000

Hi T,

I do seem to be getting a timeout when sending a graphic of any length.

As to the actual message I can only comment about the content. It comments about a port number, and something else then gives me the error number. This is on one of the error messages.

I have also discovered that I can not delete some of the messages in OE.

I have deleted some of the messages in the sent box, it was loaded. Some will not delete.

I noticed on the search in google, that several companies offer a fix for these errors, but would like to take care of it without using their service.

Thanks for answering, and thanks for any help. :)

5. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi Skeeter,

First, I would stay away from those "OE fixers". More often than not, if they manage to fix OE (most just make things worse), it's at the cost of all your mail and settings.
    I lump them into the same category as Registry cleaners, programs to avoid.

From what you describe in your last post, I think a simple cleanup may solve some of the problem. It certainly won't hurt.

Create a 2 new folders in OE. Name them Old Sent Items and Old Inbox.
    Move ALL messages from the Sent Items folder into Old Sent Items and ALL messages from Inbox into Old Inbox.

Now open the OE Message Store folder. Follow the instructions HERE to locate it.

Once you have the Message Store open (and with OE closed) find the following files and delete them.

Inbox.dbx
    Sent Items.dbx
    Outbox.dbx
    Deleted Items.dbx

New files will be generated when you next open OE.

Open OE and see if you can send and receive without errors and also check to see if you can now delete messages.

6. skeeter5000

Hi again T,

I did the suggestions that you gave me and I think that it corrected my problems. Outlook Express is working great.

I do thank you for your help. I am amazed as to the knowledge that people like yourself have with computers. There is so much to learn and remember.

Your expertise is appreciated.

Thanks again. :)

7. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

You're Welcome. (y)

To help keep things running smoothly, there are a couple things you can do.

Don't store messages in the Default OE folders.
    Inbox
    Sent Items
    Deleted Items
    Drafts

Move the messages to folders of your own creation and keep the Default folders as empty as feasible.
    Try to keep the size of individual folders to under 100 MB. Each folder has it's data stored in a corresponding DBX file and more is better. If one should corrupt, you don't lose everything.

Compact your messages. If you have SP2, OE will ask to do it each 100 times you use it. If you have a fairly high volume of change (moving and deleting messages), do the compact more often.
    File>Work Offline
    File>Folder>Compact all folders
    Don't disturb the process. Walk away from the computer until it's finished.
    File>Work Offline to remove the checkmark.

T. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850324