1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error Prop Res DLL not loaded??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Saltaire, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Saltaire

Saltaire Thread Starter

Hello,
    I use Windows XP and having saved some letters from Microsoft Word in a folder in drive (D) a partition of Drive C, when I try to read them back I get message Error. Prop Res DLL not loaded. What does this mean??. Thanks. Paul

2. bt8091

bt8091

Hello
    saltaire,

I have just come across your problem of "Prop res DLL not loaded" and I was wondering if you have solved the problem and could give me a hand doing the same!

Thanks

Mike

[email protected]

RE:

3. physician

physician

Uninstall the office xp, after that go to Program Files and check if theres a folder named Microsoft Office if it is still present eventhough you've completely uninstalled it delete it. Then open the registry editor (start > run and type regedit) go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/microsoft/ and delete the key "office";
    Same as in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/microsoft/ delete "office".
    Restart your PC and reinstall Office XP.

Good Luck!

I copied this from another post - it was for the same problem...doc

4. bt8091

bt8091

Thank you physician!

Mike

5. physician

physician

Let me know if it works for you and you are welcome...doc

6. triniti2

triniti2

hello
    verifiez votre l'imprimant "l'installation", ou l'imprimante par defaut.
    cela à très bien fonctionné pour moi.

7. physician

physician

Hello and welcome to the forums

sorry, dont speak french...doc

8. zkeeper

zkeeper

hi, i am having the same problem with my Xp. i get error 'Prop Res dll not loaded' everytime i do a page set up, preview and print. sometimes i get two error windows opened with same error. i did the reg edit as posted by physician but still no fix. now i even get it when i convert words file to PDF and still the error message comes. could some one please help poor people like me to solve this. thanks

9. Firah

Firah

Try this:

Opoen MS Word> Help> Detect & Repair. Have Office XP CD handy.

Do this with each Office application that is giving problem.

10. zkeeper

zkeeper

thanks Firah, i tried that too but still it appears. i'm close to reformatting my entire system. i had my notebook for a year now and this never happened till now. funny thing is when the error appears, it can be cancelled by clicking the "ok" or the 'X" several times but it re appears when yo go to the next step, print or review or even preference tab of the printer setting,

11. lbfuentes

lbfuentes

I have the same problem. Windows XP, office 2003 and Lexmark printer.
    I visited some forums and some people said they solve the problem uninstalling and installing again printer but in my computer didn't work this solution.
    If I don't have installed my printer I don't have this problem but when I installe it the message appears.
    Do you know how it is possible fix that?

Thanks.

12. hemsty

hemsty

:confused:
    I am getting this problem on W2000 but it occurs when I boot the machine and I never get control of my desktop - I have a Lexmark printer and am wondering if maybe one of the files for it has gotten deleted when moving some files recently

13. 55pluseddy

55pluseddy

I am also getting message and my default printer is a Lexmark X1155 printer. Have uninstalled and reinstalled printer and also attempted a repair of Word from my Office 2003 Pro disc and still have problem. Setting default printer to Acrobat Distiller seems to be a not-too-satisfactory workaround.

14. jopiojopio

jopiojopio

reading this thread I contacted Lexmark and asked for advise.

they advised me to uninstall Lexmark.

YES, this worked. (preview is ok etc...) (y)

however it is not possible to print on the Lexmark printer anymore. :mad:

their answer was that they solved my problem: "prop res DLL loaded" :D :D :D

after this they did not answer anymore and I asume they mean that you better buy an other Printer (<> Lexmark).

15. 55pluseddy

55pluseddy

My Lexmark now sits unplugged ready for the junk yard. Problem persists on my computer. I am backing up all data and reloading Windows XP and all software except for Lexmark printer driver.

DO NOT BUY ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT THROWS IN A LEXMARK PRINTER. THEY ARE CRAP

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!