Solved: Error Prop Res DLL not loaded??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Saltaire

Hello,
I use Windows XP and having saved some letters from Microsoft Word in a folder in drive (D) a partition of Drive C, when I try to read them back I get message Error. Prop Res DLL not loaded. What does this mean??. Thanks. Paul

Hello
saltaire,

I have just come across your problem of "Prop res DLL not loaded" and I was wondering if you have solved the problem and could give me a hand doing the same!

Thanks

Mike

[email protected]

RE:

Saltaire said:
Hello,
I use Windows XP and having saved some letters from Microsoft Word in a folder in drive (D) a partition of Drive C, when I try to read them back I get message Error. Prop Res DLL not loaded. What does this mean??. Thanks. Paul

Uninstall the office xp, after that go to Program Files and check if theres a folder named Microsoft Office if it is still present eventhough you've completely uninstalled it delete it. Then open the registry editor (start > run and type regedit) go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/microsoft/ and delete the key "office";
Same as in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/microsoft/ delete "office".
Restart your PC and reinstall Office XP.

Good Luck!

I copied this from another post - it was for the same problem...doc

hello
verifiez votre l'imprimant "l'installation", ou l'imprimante par defaut.
cela à très bien fonctionné pour moi.

triniti2 said:
hello
verifiez votre l'imprimant "l'installation", ou l'imprimante par defaut.
cela à très bien fonctionné pour moi.
Hello and welcome to the forums

sorry, dont speak french...doc

hi, i am having the same problem with my Xp. i get error 'Prop Res dll not loaded' everytime i do a page set up, preview and print. sometimes i get two error windows opened with same error. i did the reg edit as posted by physician but still no fix. now i even get it when i convert words file to PDF and still the error message comes. could some one please help poor people like me to solve this. thanks

Try this:

Opoen MS Word> Help> Detect & Repair. Have Office XP CD handy.

Do this with each Office application that is giving problem.

Firah said:
Try this:

Opoen MS Word> Help> Detect & Repair. Have Office XP CD handy.

Do this with each Office application that is giving problem.
thanks Firah, i tried that too but still it appears. i'm close to reformatting my entire system. i had my notebook for a year now and this never happened till now. funny thing is when the error appears, it can be cancelled by clicking the "ok" or the 'X" several times but it re appears when yo go to the next step, print or review or even preference tab of the printer setting,

zkeeper said:
thanks Firah, i tried that too but still it appears. i'm close to reformatting my entire system. i had my notebook for a year now and this never happened till now. funny thing is when the error appears, it can be cancelled by clicking the "ok" or the 'X" several times but it re appears when yo go to the next step, print or review or even preference tab of the printer setting,
I have the same problem. Windows XP, office 2003 and Lexmark printer.
I visited some forums and some people said they solve the problem uninstalling and installing again printer but in my computer didn't work this solution.
If I don't have installed my printer I don't have this problem but when I installe it the message appears.
Do you know how it is possible fix that?

Thanks.

:confused:
I am getting this problem on W2000 but it occurs when I boot the machine and I never get control of my desktop - I have a Lexmark printer and am wondering if maybe one of the files for it has gotten deleted when moving some files recently

I am also getting message and my default printer is a Lexmark X1155 printer. Have uninstalled and reinstalled printer and also attempted a repair of Word from my Office 2003 Pro disc and still have problem. Setting default printer to Acrobat Distiller seems to be a not-too-satisfactory workaround.

reading this thread I contacted Lexmark and asked for advise.

they advised me to uninstall Lexmark.

YES, this worked. (preview is ok etc...) (y)

however it is not possible to print on the Lexmark printer anymore. :mad:

their answer was that they solved my problem: "prop res DLL loaded" :D :D :D

after this they did not answer anymore and I asume they mean that you better buy an other Printer (<> Lexmark).

My Lexmark now sits unplugged ready for the junk yard. Problem persists on my computer. I am backing up all data and reloading Windows XP and all software except for Lexmark printer driver.

DO NOT BUY ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT THROWS IN A LEXMARK PRINTER. THEY ARE CRAP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online