Solved: Error reading setup initialization file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Spider_Pig

Hello

I got this Sony Vaio vgn-CS31s-q from a friend and he needs to install a Vodafone Modem but when i try to run the setup it gives me the error "error reading setup initialization file" ( the OS is Vista home premium )
Also when i try to connect my phone to the laptop to use it as a storage device ( on the phone memory card i have Eset nod antivirus malwarebytes an some other tools ) is says usb device not recognized ( when i insert the phone cable without the phone the error pops up )

The modem is on USB but i don't get that error on it .
What i did :
- I copied all the setup files from that modem into a folder on the desktop ( The " Error reading setup initialization file" still pops up )
- I tested the modem on my pc and works fine when i insert him in installs automatically the modem so no error there

Please help me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online