1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error: sfc database, troubleshooter, sdiageng.dll

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shadow6224, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow6224

shadow6224 Thread Starter

Hello all,
    I am having issues on an HP windows 7 home desktop. it had been infected by a virus, but this error came before it. Anytime I try to run Microsoft's fixit or any troubleshooter, it comes up with the error of that Sdiageng.dll is either missing or corrupted. so, I tried to run sfc from command prompt. well, if finds stuff alright, but alas, it can't fix it! so I look at the log, and it says that it's database is also corrupted. well, I have no idea what to do. I found sdiageng.dll in the windows directory/system files. it's there. I even replaced it. still, same error. this all started with me trying to fix windows update error 1 and 643. I have run numerous scans of malwarebyte's and trend micro and super-anti-spyware. they found some stuff, I got rid of it. but still the error remains. I have searched around for a way to be able to fix sfc's database, I tried one, but the commands were for vista. I was hoping it'd work, since vista and 7 are really similar, but it didn't. so I am hoping someone on these forums can give me some help. I know a fair amount of knowledge of computers, and whatever I don't know, I can usually find on google. and I know some information about malware and viruses and the whatnot that's bad stuff. I've had to remove malware twice from computers and I didn't kill them in the process.
    but, anyways, please help!
    Thanks in advance,
    - shadow6224

2. shadow6224

Forgot this, sorry.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5879 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 941818 MB, Free - 882265 MB; D: Total - 11752 MB, Free - 1433 MB;
    Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2A92 , 1.01,
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

3. shadow6224

Just did a re-install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice