1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Error While Trying To Reformat Hard Drive with Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cherbrig, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cherbrig

cherbrig Thread Starter

During the process of "setting of windows" while reformatting my hard drive. The screen when black, when it came back it said that there was a problem and to keep from doing damage to your computer, windows was shutting down. It said to restart computer and that if the problem continued then the following steps should be followed.

In bios disable the memory cache

If you have new hardware...disconnect the new hardware, uninstall drivers and programs.

I tried several times to finish the reformatting...but to no avail... I am using windows xp CD

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

A bit more info would help.....

Why are you reformatting?

What have you added latley?

What specs are the PC?

3. cherbrig

cherbrig Thread Starter

I was reformatting because of a problem I was while on the internet...No matter what web site I was at my computer would automatically start typing in the address bar. When I first had this problem back in November I contacted AOL and they said for me to uninstall AOL and then reinstall it..Run a virus scan...which I did and no viruses. But that if the problem persist then I would need to reformatt my hard drive...Well the problem came back yesterday...So I tried to reformatt today...

Today I was able to use my Windows xp cd and go through the steps of deleting the paritions and creating paritions, formatting the drive but when it came to windows setting up, that's when I got the error 0x7000. I kept trying to restart computer with the hopes of getting past the error message, but I couldn't.

I haven't installed any new hardware...
    I am pretty sure that my windows xp cd is good..I just used it to install an operating system on a new hard drive...And I had no problems.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Have you tried reformatting again........maybe the hard drive has something still on it.

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

Did you first delete partition(s) and then create new one(s)?

6. cherbrig

cherbrig Thread Starter

Yes I deleted the partitions and created them...Then when it went to setting up windows, that's where I got the error...I tried again a few more times...With no luck

7. cherbrig

cherbrig Thread Starter

I have tried a few times to reformat again...But I still keep getting the same error

8. bonk

bonk Banned

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!