1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ESET technical support?!?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by karbo, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karbo

karbo Banned Thread Starter

I've been using ESET Smart Security (with NOD32 antivirus) for a while now and it works fine. 3 days ago, I had to ask a technical question to ESET's support, which I did. 3 days have past and still no answer. I have sent them another email and still nothing. What gives? Is their customer care always that long? I really thought ESET would give excellent service. What can be the reason? McAfee offered direct fast online support which ESET doesn't. Kaspersky also offers it. I think it's a great flaw on ESET's part not to have online support. Did anyone experience the same problem with ESET's technical support?

Thanks

2. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Banned

That's why we are here. :)

What's your problem?

3. karbo

I think I just solved the problem by myself. There was always an error with the virus definition updating each time I would come out of sleep mode or when I openned my laptop with its wireless internet connection. Since the Internet connection would not occur fast enough for ESET, the automatic update would not take place. I had to manually check the updates. I've changed settings in the task scheduler options (which I didn't know about) and everything seems to work fine now, no thanks to technical support...

4. TOGG

TOGG

5. karbo

No but I'm tired of forums with their mandatory registration procedures. Answers on these technical support forums take forever.

As I wrote, I think I may have solved the problem. So far, it works fine.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!