1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ESS ES1688 Audiodrive and "Unknown Device"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monted, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monted

monted Thread Starter

My neighbor used the format command on his Compaq Presario 2240 and I installed Windows 95 on it. In the Device Manager I have "!'s" by "ESS ES1688 Audiodrive" and under "Other Devices" an "Unknown Device". There is no sound on this computer. In the ESS ES1688 Audiodrive Properties, under the Resource tab, it says the resources the device is using does not match any of it's known configurations.

Also, there is one under System Devices: "PCI Universal Serial Bus". From what I understand , this is the chipset driver that needs to be installed correctly, but I am unable to find it.

2. bigbear

bigbear

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

4. monted

monted Thread Starter

I put 95 on it because I happened to have a copy lying around. I installed the audio drivers, but i am now having a resource conflict. Also the PCI Universal Serial Bus still has improperly installed drivers.

5. monted

monted Thread Starter

I gave the audio another IRQ and I/O range and it says no conflicts. Seems I just can't find the right driver for the USB and the audio still has a problem: says it has something else conflicting with it , but doesnt know what.

6. norton850

norton850

What version of Win95 do you have?

7. monted

monted Thread Starter

It's an OEM version "B"

8. monted

monted Thread Starter

I guess I'll have to find out what the mobo is....and get chipset drivers?

9. monted

monted Thread Starter

As far as I can tell it must be a TITAN-M motherboard....thats all i know so far.

10. monted

monted Thread Starter

11. monted

monted Thread Starter

If only I could find the specs and find out what chipset now....

12. monted

monted Thread Starter

This may be more a resource conflict than a driver problem, as now my audio device is causing one it says. But the thing is, is that Windows doesnt know how to configure this device due to some other devive. I found the driver for my audio device.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/452850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice