1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Everquest II issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jscuzza, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I couldn't get an answer for this off the official forums, so I thought I would drop by here.

I am not sure if this is another problem with my modem, but here goes! I used to have a Motorola Cable modem and Everquest II worked great, I didn't have to worry about port forwarding and whatnot. About 6 months ago I had it replaced with a Netgear (Comcast) Wireless Router/Modem.

As far as I can recall Everquest II was working fine for the first month of owning this modem. Then I stopped playing until about 2-3 weeks ago. Every time I log on I get lagged back off to the Character Select screen, sometime I even lose Internet connection all together. I thought maybe this was a problem with Vista.

I then booted up my machine into XP Media Center, which I know it works in, but again the same issue occured.

This doesn't happen with any other games. I even put the modem into DMZ.. and had the same issue. What could cause something like this?

Heck I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, which took about 3 days with all those damn updates!

-Joe

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well if the first was a modem only and now you have a combo router/modem, chances are you need to use port forwarding.

3. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

Strange, it seemed to work before on this modem. Also, shouldn't DMZ work as it is opening all the ports for the computer, opening completely up to the Internet?

I am working this through with SOE, but any help here would be appreciated too.

-Joe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice