1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Every picture I save in "My Pictures" ends up in the wallpaper list...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by supermanrdh, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. supermanrdh

supermanrdh Thread Starter

I had no idea where to put this thread, but since I am running XP Home SP2 I put it here. EVERY picture I save in "My Pictures" ends up in the list of available wallpapers in the display properties. My other computer did not do this, I had to manual choose a particular pic from my folders and then I could use it as a wallpaper. The pictures were not just routed there by default like it seems to be doing now. My big issue is the list is now ridiculously long & I don't know how to stop them from going there & undo the ones that are already on the list. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

3. supermanrdh

supermanrdh Thread Starter

So basically is that article (thanks for the link) saying unless I move all my pics OUT of "My Pics" there isn't anything I can do about it? I had XP on my other computer & I just don't remember this, but it is automatic. Go figure.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

Yea.. No Hack For This ..You Have To Move The Pics Out Of The MyPics Folder

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

any pic you put on the computer can be there and can be selected as wallpaper.

delete all pics on the computer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice