Solved: EVERYTHING seems to fail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AC1D

i recently built a new computer. i seem to have trouble with everything! it all seems to fail. My games work for about 12-30 mins until they fail and randomly close. i have no viruses whats so ever! specs are NVIDIA geforce gt 550 Motherboard ASUS p5q-se, sata hard drive. Please help im so frustruated im pulling out my hair. is there a program to detect bad drivers or what not? :eek:

did u install the chipset drivers 1st then reboot and load all other drivers?
run a memory check on all memory

AC1D

i kept on running the memory test but it crashes halfway through but it does detect hardware problems.. how do i identify them?

Run memtest, available from here: http://www.memtest.org/

If all programs fail, then the common denominator is RAM.

After memtest detects errors, pull out all RAM and retest 1 stick at a time. Then you will know which stick is good.

alot of memory mfr's have a lifetime warranty........... "IF" u are not able to return it where u bought!!!

AC1D

how do i know which ram it is? all current ram slots are filled?

AC1D

i even said mem test will not work it crashes halfway through. I have no clue which ram to start with, and if i run with a ram missing do i have to format my hardrive or what?

You can remove ram and Windiows will not complain unless you have less than 512 MB. Just pull out all ram leaving one. Test that one, and then test another.

You need to run memtest for 4 hrs or so for each test. Some memory errors don't show up immediately.

whenever i have run memtest the errors usually show up pretty quick..... have never run it for 4 hours........but......??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online