1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 07 macro to colour cells in a range

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AdamHod, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamHod

AdamHod Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone one would be able to help me. I have only just started getting into advanced excel use of macros and formulas for Excel 07. I have done ok so far except for the following macros formula needed tp change the background colour of a range of cells with more then the three options that conditional formatting allows.

I have a column of cells from C6:C80 which I have made all drop down selections from a list of four text items:
    ItemA
    ItemB
    ItemC
    ItemD

I was trying to get a macro that would colour the cells in C6:C80 automatically on selection of the drop down list based upon the four different selections available. And another macro to colour that whole row that has data in it based upon that same selection. The reason why two different ones being that I am unsure of what will work the best.

I know this is on the easy side of macros, but I am hoping someone would be able to throw me a bone none the less :)

Thanks for any help all.

Ads

2. AdamHod

AdamHod Thread Starter

Ok turns out I didn't need macro and it can all be done with conditional formatting using the "Highlight Cell Rules". I was under the impression that you could only use three conditions but that was incorrect. Thanks for the help from Sweep at another forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice