1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gurutech, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Hi, can you post your file? Or, if confidential, something similar so we (ok, so I) can get a better handle on exactly your problem is?

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

What about the rest of us then. :rolleyes:

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Well, Tony, I just assume that you intuitively understand everything..... ;)

5. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

I'll get something posted up tomorrow. It is a "work" file, but doesn't contain anything confidential (yet). It's just a template I was working on.

6. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

In a bit of genius, I fixed it...

Right-click on the data source (the area), then choose "Chart Type", then change from "Area" to "Line" and save...

Don't know why I didn't think of that before!

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

Bravo! I'm not that great with graphs anyway.... :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/688560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice